- Partnered new acquisitions in Housing groundworks arena, Steet Furniture/Security Bollards arena & High-Pressure Pump, Vacuum & Compressors Systems arena
- ISO 45001-2018 Health & Safety recertification achieved
- Additional large potential contract p.a returned to our Pressing operation in Air conditioning arena
- Procurement strategy under review including implementation of a new ERP system
- Board level review of family ownership and future company model conclusion
- QuTec achieves further awarded funding for strategic consultancy support of company accreditations
- Further internal improvements made to our factory footprints and work-flow procedures
- QuTec undertakes strategic review of its key Supply chain following challenging 18-month period in raw material market place
- ISO 45001-2018 Health & Safety accreditation achieved
- Targeting additional business acquisitions for company group growth
- Re-designed and launched updated company website from Spring 2021
- Partnered new acquisition in Door Manufacturing arena
- Purchase of new CNC CMM to enhance Quality Inspection Processes
- Achieved recertification of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Due to expansive markets requiring our services, QuTec remains fully operational during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Partnered new acquisitions in Food Manufacturing Plant and Pest Control arenas
- Carl Brown promoted to Operations Director from January 2018
- Continued machinery investment strategy with purchase of CNC Vertical Milling Centre, to enhance machining offerings to our customer base
- Additional £1/4m contract p.a returned to our Pressing operation in exporting Rail arena
- Developing six new customers/markets in our Fabrication operation
- Re-organisation of Senior team following three-year succession plan
- Further new appointments introduced into QuTec; Senior Quality Engineer and Senior Technical Engineer
- QuTec achieves “Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015” accreditation
- Achieved significant capital investment funding of £70k through Worcestershire CC
- Purchased new Amada HFE 3i 1704 7 Axis CNC Press brake (4mtr / 170T capacity) to further enhance fabrication offerings
- Targeting additional Business acquisitions within company growth strategy
- Achieved additional £1/4m production revenue into Fabrication and Pressing operations through current customer base
- Invested in new Sales and Marketing approaches with introduction of new company Branding and Website
- Targeting – Design, patent and launch of new QuTec product to marketplace
- Pursuing a number of further accreditations linked to our ISO 9001 standards
- Partnered new acquisitions in Wind Power arena
- Greg Cunningham appointed CEO & Director
- Change and transformation program commenced
- Invested extensively in additional employee and factory operative skillsets and re-organised 1st line structure and responsibilities in factory footprints
- Started program to reorganise & modernise company footprint, systems, methodology and processes
- Greg Cunningham joined QuTec Pershore LTD
- Objective to implement and manage strategic plan to modernise and grow company
- Achieved additional £3/4m production revenue into Fabrication and Pressing operations in Flood Defence and Anti-Vibration arenas
- Purchased another 7,500sqft Fabrication Unit
- Purchased additional new Amada FO Mrk II 4 K/W CNC Laser
- Purchased Barrel Shot blasting machine to service “finishing” requirement for major Customer
- Expanded welding capacity further
- Carl Brown appointed to the QuTec senior team as Operations Manager with remit to take full responsibility for Operational and Production improvement
- Purchased assets of AllFab LTD (Fabrication Company) – Customer base developed and streamlined
- Added further fabrication machinery to include CNC Punch Press, CNC Press Brake, Guillotine & Welding Equipment
- Diversification into CNC laser cutting manufacturing capabilities
- Purchased Amada Alpha III CNC 4KW Laser
- Purchased Biltoe Engineering Ltd (Presswork Company) – Customer base developed and streamlined to include domestic heating and white goods
- QuTec developed own product range for Air-Conditioning industry
- Brian Cunningham purchased the assets of Evesham Metal Pressing (EMP) LTD
- QuTec Pershore Ltd formally appointed to Companies House
- Metal pressing, welding and Toolroom capacities with 35 EMP customers adopted
- Keith Tilsley appointed Purchasing Director
- Roger Collins (EMP employee) appointed Technical and Quality Director
- Sold Vanguard Presswork Ltd with ongoing £2M revenue concern
- Robotic welding and fabrication plant added
- Built and moved to new 15,000sqft factory site
- Current Cobham Road site for our Press work operation
- Vanguard Presswork Ltd expanded to 20 employees
- Manufacturing components for automotive industry as 3rd tier supplier
- We were featured on Thames Television’s TV EYE documentary about British Leyland Cars which you can watch below;
- Vanguard Presswork Ltd formally appointed to Companies House
- 2 Partners (Brian Cunningham & Des Giles) / 2-3 Employees
- Developed, produced and supplied into caravan, trailer and horsebox industry
- Developed own towing coupling for UK and Euro market
Brian is the Founder, Chairman, a Director, and majority Shareholder at QuTec. As a business leader and outstanding technical engineer, Brian calls on 46yrs of vast experience and know-how, having developed several successful companies over his career including Vanguard Presswork & QuTec Pershore Ltd. Brian’s previous role as Commercial Director has been crucial in placing QuTec where it trades today, and he still offers input into technical engineering solutions, design and tooling and production methodology as required.
Brian’s passions include his family, walking his dog, golf, and socialising.
Greg is a proven business leader with an accounts background, also bringing 25 years of experience and responsibility in achieving sizable business goals through large management teams for a FTSE 100 company in the Financial Services Sector. Greg joined the family business in 2014 with a clear remit to define and lead QuTec’s strategic business program for sustained expansion and profit growth. Greg is CEO, a Director and shareholder of QuTec Pershore LTD and over the last seven years QuTec has experienced successful business growth, both within its valued existing customer base, but also through many new customer and market acquisitions in this period. Through solid investment in manufacturing capacity and technology, QuTec offers engineering diversity through its most valued and resourceful employee team, backed by an equally loyal supply chain.
Greg’s core skills include strategic leadership, diversification, commercial development and transformation, financial accounting, and people management. Personal experience has been naturally heightened within engineering, design and manufacturing, quality management, and supply chain procurement to name but a few.
Alongside the business, Greg’s passions include his family, travel, skiing, socialising, and cooking. He is also an avid sports fan and follows WBA FC for his sins!
Jo joined QuTec in August 2023 as our Supply Chain Manager, reporting into the Director team. Jo brings over 20 years’ experience in various purchasing roles and since 2011 this includes leading the purchasing functions for companies such as Bromford Industries and B Hepworth; both of which offer metal fabricating and engineering services.
Jo has taken lead responsibility for our entire Supply Chain function, including procurement from our approved suppliers, their goods, materials, and services provided in fulfilling our customers’ requirements and their performance in facilitating their services. Our suppliers’ relationships, performance and costs are one of our key business objectives under Jo’s management remit. Jo also oversees our customer’s ordering and scheduling requirements, sales and pricing processes and related internal systems management and stock control for QuTec.
In Jo’s spare time she enjoys competitive on-line “gaming” and scenic walks.
Carl joined QuTec in 2014 offering strong operation and production management skills to the company and has since become a Director in the business. Backed by extensive experience in sheet metalwork and fabrication, Carl has assisted in many deliverables within our Fabrication expansion plan which is key to future business growth. Carl has also developed a fully operational production improvement plan for the remaining company footprints, which we continue to work towards as part of our key internal strategy.
In Carl’s role as Operations Director, he inspires respect and loyalty across the whole QuTec team and has the depth of knowledge to be able to mentor, guide and offer solutions to technical engineering challenges. Carl has developed firm and professional relationships with QuTec’s customers and supply chain and assists with our commercial growth activity. He continually demonstrates a fantastic attitude towards all business challenges QuTec undertakes.
Robert joined the QuTec management team in February 2022 in the role of Senior Quality Engineer, bringing 37 years’ experience within the Spring and Presswork manufacturing industry, supplying product to Aerospace, Nuclear, Marine, Healthcare, Oil and Gas customers.
Having previously held the position of Quality Manager in his previous company for the last 10 years, Robert’s role at QuTec will be to continually raise Quality standards within our business to our accredited ISO 9001:2015 Quality management system.
Robert will support QuTec’s Director team in all identified associated risks under our Quality Management system and the reporting output of QuTec’s risk objectives. In his spare time, Robert’s interests include Golf, Swimming, Yoga, and scenic walks.
Jane (Brian’s wife) has been Senior Financial controller and business advisor, supporting Brian through 46yrs of business across several successful companies including Vanguard Presswork & QuTec Pershore Ltd. Jane’s core key skills include financial controls and accounting.
Jane’s passions include her family and dog, gardening, cookery, and socialising with friends.
Tracy (Greg’s wife) joined QuTec in 2015 having previously worked at large automotive companies such as Johnson Controls (11yrs) and Jaguar Land Rover (9yrs). Tracy is a shareholder and her responsibilities as Financial Controller include financial controls, banking, cash flow management, payroll, and pensions administration.
Alongside the business, Tracy loves enjoying family time, keeping fit and is an avid sports fan.
Janet joined the company in August 2014 in her role as “Sales and Purchasing Assistant”. Janet assists our Supply Chain Director through sales order process, contract review, purchasing, job allocation to production and stock management control. Janet offers vital procurement experience and is proficient in systems and controls from previous business roles. Janet also oversees customer scheduling and communications for live orders.
Karen joined QuTec in December 2022 as “Office Administrator” and is the “first voice and face of the company” for customers and suppliers contacting or visiting our premises. Karen controls the reception desk, processes supplier and customer invoices, oversees our general administration function, and directly assists Tracy in accounts. Karen also supports general purchasing, stock allocation and production control.
Karen previously led a distinguished career with HMRC from 1986 through to 2018, starting out as an Administrative Assistant / Officer, before progressing through multiple job roles to her final position as Tax specialist for HMRC Large Business Service in the Corporation Tax team (LBS CT) – Birmingham
Barry role as Production Supervisor is a vital one in terms of insuring quality and timely production delivery to all QuTec’s customer base. He has been a vital part of the QuTec team since 2011 and has also held Quality management responsibilities in this time. He has gained vast engineering expertise over his career to date spanning 30 years. Barry supervises and delivers end-to end production manufacturing across our entire factory footprints through his team of operatives, supported by his thorough knowledge of our entire customer product range. Barry is also one of our qualified first aiders and in his spare time he is an avid sports fan and enjoys coaching football and cricket.
Barry’s interests also include family, golf, snooker, and skittles.
Derek`s role as Senior Technical Engineer is a vital one and enables QuTec to correctly channel resource into developing new methods and processes and leading technical solutions as they arise. Derek has been within the engineering sector for 37 years and with QuTec for over 17 years. Derek has a good sound knowledge of all the aspects of production within QuTec encompassing both the Press Shop and the Fabrication department. He is also lead CNC programmer and excels in R & D, prototyping and value engineering, where he supports the Director team directly in commercial activity. Derek also manages all machinery maintenance, servicing, and machinery insurance requirements for the company.
Graham originally served an engineering apprenticeship at Worcester Technical College and has been a tool maker for over 30 years. He joined QuTec at the outset in 2003 as our lead Toolmaker and is responsible for design and production of new tooling. He also heads up the servicing and repair of existing QuTec and customer tooling as well as jigs and machinery equipment within our factories. Graham is also one of our qualified first aiders in the business.
Graham enjoys country walks, playing pool and eating out. Graham also enjoys football and supports Liverpool F.C.
Mark has been in engineering for 40 years and his career has served over 17 years at QuTec. His responsibilities include the smooth running of the company’s stores, including goods inwards and outwards, assisting with sub-contract operational flow, and supporting our Purchasing team with the management of transport scheduling. Mark liaises across all the operational functions and his counterbalance forklift licence is a necessity when it comes to loading and unloading the many vehicles that come and go at QuTec.
Mark enjoys watching football and playing skittles and pool.